School Health - Clinic News

We encourage that all medication be given at home. For those children who require medication in school, a medication consent form must be filled out, as well as a signed physician authorization. Over-the-counter medication may be given per package directions with parental consent. Please make sure the form is completely filled out. Medications that are to be given twice a day generally can be given before school and after school. Medications that are to be given three times a day, can be given before school, after school and at bedtime. 

Chronic Conditions

If your child requires ongoing care for a chronic condition (for example, asthma, diabetes, seizure disorder), or emergency care for life threatening allergies requiring an epi-pen, or other emergency treatment, please request to see the nurse. Health care forms need to be completed by you and your child’s physician and returned to your child’s school as soon as possible.

Last Updated: 1/14/09